San Onofre Labor Day Weekend Los Angeles or California singles or nudist's Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Aug 16, 2009 at 09:31 PM

I recently heard that they were going to start citing nudists at San Onofre after Labor Day. I'm flying into Los Angeles specifically to visit before this happens. I've heard various rumors about the citations not going into force because there is still legislation continuing on the issue. But wanted to know:

Is anyone going that weekend as sort of a last Hurrah?

Is anyone going after Labor Day to protest despite the threat of a citation? I've heard some are.

At any rate, if you're going to be there that weekend say hello!

Members Only

Follow - email me when people comment
  • 3Comments

• View author's info Posted on Nov 20, 2017 at 01:37 PM

This is a very late response to this conversation; sorry! 

I have not heard much about this in a couple of years. Long story short, nudity has always been against California State Park rules but was officially tolerated so long as nobody made a complaint. Then one ranger at San Onofre decided to step up enforcement; his superiors backed him, and nobody knows where it stands with any degree of certainty. It is not much of a problem up here in the liberal area where I live, where most of the beaches have been clothing-optional for decades.

The most definitive thing I've heard about San Onofre's situation was that the DA there does not prosecute disputed citations. If you offer to fight it, it's dismissed. At least somebody has some sense down there. 

• View author's info Posted on Oct 03, 2015 at 01:44 PM

Did you find out if they are actually citing people now? 

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Aug 19, 2009 at 04:37 PM

I will be there on labor day...send me a wink or email.

Members Only

Follow - email me when people comment