Sun and Arthritis Health Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Jul 10, 2005 at 04:22 AM

Hi, another newbe here. I was wondering if there was any info on the effects of strong sunlight on Reumatoid Arthritis?
    Follow - email me when people comment
  • 7Comments

• View author's info Posted on Sep 07, 2013 at 06:36 PM

I posted this a little earlier but let me know if it helps.

Rheumatoid arthritis is a condition where the body's immune system is fighting against itself. heasunlight react with the already inflamed joints making it more sensitive but very unlikely to cause any further damage. Cold is always good to fight the inflammation but might cause tissues to contract and cause a little discomfort as well. 

other studies and theory can help understand this common condition better.

• View author's info Posted on Sep 07, 2013 at 04:22 PM

Rheumatoid arthritis is a condition where the body's immune system is fighting against itself. heasunlight react with the already inflamed joints making it more sensitive but very unlikely to cause any further damage. Cold is always good to fight the inflammation but might cause tissues to contract and cause a little discomfort as well. 

other studies and theory can help understand this common condition better.

• View author's info Posted on Oct 01, 2010 at 10:45 PM

let me know i suffer bad in my neck and lower back will be in Arizona near the G C soon. would like to know is the sun good for it.
    new here
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 08, 2009 at 09:45 PM

MY WIFE SUFFERS BAD FROM IT HEAT BEING SUN OR HEAT WORKS WOUNDERS

• View author's info Posted on Mar 08, 2006 at 10:07 PM

Hi theere guys
    Just to let you know i suffer from Rheumatoid Arthrits and i am on a pretty strong medication..The only effects the sun has on me is, i burn very easily due to the meds..Infact the sun is great for loosening the joints and getting the blood flowing via warming up the capillaries allowing the fresh bloodflow carrying the oxygen and stuff, to the joints thru out the body..etc..etc..
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 29, 2005 at 04:36 AM

I think taz2723 has it right. My wife and I can find all the old achey places when the barometer falls. And when it's sunny and moderate, we're out having a great time. She won't consider moving to a gloomy climate zone, where it's cloudy all winter or rainy for long spells.

This desert climate works in some ways, but the respiratory problems we face are not so fun: parched throat, dry cough, burning eyes, allergy for certain desert plants... we will experience a difference over in Austin, Texas. They have trees (!), moderate rainfall, moderate humidity year-round, and very warm summer (snowbird time).

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Nov 02, 2005 at 10:07 PM

Hi, My wife had rhumatic fever when she was twelve, and has had rhumatoid arthritis ever since. I know that cold weather really bothers her, but I have never heard her complain about sunlight. if any thing i would think the heat may sooth your joints.
Follow - email me when people comment